Thursday, March 19, 2009

Spinning

Well, so far I haven't really done that much running. I've run nothing more than a 5k on a treadmill, but hope now that the weather is nice, to actually get some miles on the streets. I am still pain free and want to keep it that way! Trying to build strength and just get back in good shape I'm at the gym early in the morning. Today I tried a spin class. They say it's best burner next to running! It was strange. I've never cycled before. My legs were able to handle it but my butt was not. Man, that seat killed my butt! I was surprised how intense it was. I was dripping sweat. Dripping. That is awesome. I will go to this class again (and it's offered several times a week).

So, for now I am having a lot of fun trying some new things and just mixing it up a bit. Wish I had an exciting race report, but I am still waiting til April. April isn't that far off! Happy running out there!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

spinning is supposed to be awesome for running. my brother in law always does spinning as one of his cross-training exercises. it'll keep your leg speed up high, and give you a break from all the pounding!

sorry to be absent for a bit - i'm back now!

Anonymous said...

hey, did you do that run in the beginning of april? details, we need details!