Monday, July 27, 2009

Midnight Streak

Well, I may not be back being the best blogger, but I did enter my first race since the ankle blow out last fall. What have I been doing in the meantime?

Mostly here, non running. laughpaintcreate

My time: 35:47

Totally sucky, but I am thrilled. No pain. Felt good and I have goals to return to. The race seemed a little untogether this year in my opinion. Out of goodie bags and shirts when I registered. This is an 11pm race. Didn't start until almost 11:15. Come on, get it together. I don't have patience for stuff like that-especially since we were all lined up and some stinky guy was behind me that kept stretching and bumping me. Finally get started and it was a bit hot. It had been 103 during the day, and the blacktop had not cooled much. We did get rain about halfway through the run and I thought it would cool things off. Not so much. just made it ultra humid. Oh well. There was one pretty good little hill and that is what slowed me down. I walked up most of it.

Waterstops were a bit slow too. Can I blame my time on anything else? :)

The worst thing though is that my husband said some guy came across the finish line with his weiner hanging out of his pants. Eye level with my kids. I think I am going to try to find out who he was and see if he can be contacted. I mean, is this a joke? mishap? Not happy at all.

Anyway, at the finish line my boys cheered. I have pics somewhere. Post em later. :)

1 comment:

Chris said...

Drat! I wish I had known you were running this one. I was there too. Hated it! Totally mismanaged.