Thursday, March 5, 2009

Early bird gets the worm

Alarm went off at 5:30 this morn. I cringed because I was scared it would wake our two boys-and I don't think Mr. would forgive me for that. I stared at it while a little voice said, hmmm, you can sleep for 30 more minutes...oh hell, the other voice said, get your ass out of bed.

I stumbled to the bathroom, I had set out all my clothes last night. I kinda wished I was out to pound pavement, but happy I was going to the gym. Grabbed my ipod, which needs to be updated and made the quick drive.

It wasn't too busy and I hopped on a treadmill. Hit the 5K program and warmed up with a little walking. I couldn't help it, I wanted to run. I did. felt awesome. Finished it in 36 minutes. Not bad for my first 3.2 in 4 months-and i did walk a little. Don't want to overdo it! I was thinking to myself though, I can totally do this. woooo!

Weightlifted-got to love the Fitlinxx program at the Y. They keep track of all cardio and pounds. I lifted 13,000 lbs! Did some quick ab/ball, lunges and step action and looked at the clock-had to get home so Mr. could get to work!

Off to beautify myself at the hair salon today-think I might get some new shoes while I'm out too- along with one of those runner sticks?

Hope everyone is having a great day!

No comments: