Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Operation Boot Camp

Not much to report yet. My youngest has been sick-really sick and Mr. was out of town. I have to say though, this Mama is hittin' the gym starting tomorrow for some serious boot camp gotta lose 10 lbs asap.

4 months of not running, sorta not really working out has taken it's toll. Of course the urgent need to lose a few is also brought on by a decided beach vacation with friends in June. I figure no prob. By then I can lose 15 if I want to. Tomorrow is the day.

A friend of mine is trying to get me to do the OKCMM half with her. It's at the end of April. I know I won't be ready to run it by then, but she really isn't either. So, she's trying to talk me into walking/running it. It def won't be one for the record books but it's such an amazing atmosphere that I hate to miss it. What to do, what to do.

I also have 1 month til that 10K I'm signing up for. Bring it on!!! I am excited.

4 comments:

Chris said...

The 10K being the Redbud Classic? I can't remember, but have you run that before? I ran it last year and I was miserable. It is at 2 in the afternoon and I was so unprepared for that heat. Ugh.

Jeff said...

so you are in operation boot camp (As in Operationbootcamp.com ) or you are calling what you are doing "Operation Boot Camp?"

runnermom said...

Chris- that is the one and it WAS hot! I about had heat stroke and only did the 5k. This year I am going to do my own water. I swear they didn't have enough water on the course. I remember seeing strong runners puking their guts out. Are you taking it on this year?

Jeff- I didn't realize there was an actual online site for that-but I'm going to check it out since you mentioned it! I was just calling what I am doing, OBC-but my gym does have an actual boot camp that I start next month.

Anonymous said...

I've read about the OCKMM - it does sound like a ton of fun, and a great atmosphere. Walking it is just as good as running it, I am sure.