Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sore, but better

Last night I tossed and turned. Whenever the Motrin wore off, I'd get sharp shooting pains. I was able to sleep in this morning as the boys slept in to a whopping 7:30-very unusual as we are all early risers here. 6am usually. I was thankful though for the extra sleep. The boys took care of me and I felt much better today. My lower leg is sore when I stand on it, but otherwise ok. I am going to keep on the Motrin for today and try a short walk tomorrow. I might make a trip to the Dr. Tuesday if I am still sore. What a pain! (literally!) Thanks everyone for your thoughts and advice. I am very nervous about the race. I do have 2 races before the half- a 5k and a 12k. I think those will be very telling to see if I will be able to run. I guess even before that though, training will tell me if I can run at ALL right now. Beautiful but windy day here. I plan to get out and enjoy it as much as possible! I hope everyone enjoys the last day of the weekend!

1 comment:

ashley said...

Thanks for the encouraging words. It's been a rough 2 hours.

I didn't try any gels or beans or anthing for the 1/2. I drank gatorade and ate a banana during the run but that was it. I've heard good things about the gels but I've never tried them. Glad to hear you are feeling better.

Keep on trucking!