Tuesday, October 14, 2008

randomness

Geez. I seriously need a computer! My blogness is lacking. On an upside though, I bought new shoes today! Made the trek to Edmond to go to OKRunner. They are great there. There were other runners in the store that were happy to strike up running conversation and more eager to share advice with a newbie runner like me.

The shoes I bought are just an upgrade of my current shoes, but it's pretty exciting for me. Whoever would have thought that I would spend my extra pennies on running shoes instead of like...a pair of red high heels or something? Totally bizarre. They are the Saucony Omni 7. I also got a pair of socks. Balega...these have a bit more cushion than the Adidas ones I have been training in. I needed to try somehting new though because the Adidas ones are a bit low in the heel-leading to some blister action. Actually it's not really blisters-more like bloody mess. So, I'll give these a whirl. I've been wearing them around today and they seem nice.

I think I am going to do a 5K this Saturday. It's the Kelsey Briggs Run Against Child Abuse. All proceeds go to fight child abuse in Oklahoma and in 2005, this beautiful little girl lost her life to child abuse. A sad heart breaking stoppable and grewsome story. I remember feeling so much anger at the time story broke my heart. I wish there never had to be cases of child abuse. This is one race for sure I want my money to go to. It's at 8am-downtown at Regatta Park. Might be a bit chilly...especially since it's on the water. I better think about that. 9 miles this Sunday! Rock on!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Erin,

Good for you on doing that race. You may actually like running in the coolness - I know I do!

Good to know you bought some of those gels - I'd be interested to her which ones you like and which ones you don't. My brother used to advise me to start with some of the more "plain" flavors - some of the "creative" ones that the companies make - wow can they be gross!

Thank you so much for your kind words about my last two races - they really have been amazing and have confirmed that I am doing the right thing with this running. No one can take away from you the happiness you feel on a day when things all just mesh well.

And about the socks - I am a total cheapie sometimes, but I have found that it pays to put the extra money into the socks and the shoes. I laughed when I read what you wrote about putting your extra pennies into buying running stuff now rather than heels - I'm the same way.

Sorry for the book!