Friday, August 29, 2008

Lake Hefner Trails

I didn't have the chance to blog about my run last weekend at the Lake Hefner Trails. I met a new friend out there with the other Landrunners. We met at Stars and Stripes and did 5 miles. (Marathon runners did 10) The trail was great. 2 lanes friendly for cyclists and runners/walkers. There were lots of trees and the weather was nice. I'm not so sure I would run there alone though. Parts of it are pretty wooded. We ran 2.5 miles and turned around for another 2.5 back. I was tired from the 5k the day before. My left shin also fired up. I'm not sure what to do about it. I've been doing stretches and exercises for it. Then I've read that it's also about just getting on it and strengthening it. I've also taken plenty of Motrin. Sigh. Maybe I need new shoes again. Guess I'll go visit Craig at OK Runner and get some new scoots. I've been wanting some new ones anyway. I think I'm due!

This weekend I was planning on doing the Brookhaven run, but went out of town to visit family instead. I looked for a 5k here, but the only one I could find close is a mud run. I don't really want to run in a mud pit, sorry. So, for my "long run" this weekend I will hit the trails by my parents house. They have great trails here. 5 miles tomorrow. I can do it. Let's hope my shins can too!

No comments: