Monday, September 1, 2008

5 miles

Got my 5 miles in on Saturday morning with my baby brother. I say baby because there is a 10 year gap between us, he is 22. Big, strong 22 year old that kicked my ass on the trail. He came with me because of a bet, but it just ended up hurting both of us. He bet me that my hub and I could not hang with him the night before. I bet him I could (and I did), but he'd have to get up with me and the boys when they wake at 6 am AND run my 5 miles with me.

We both lost. The 5 miles, while beautiful, hurt so bad as we were terribly dehydrated. Probably due to all the rum and cokes we had the night before. At least I did not partake in the shots he and my husband had. He was way worse of than I was and still managed to smoke me. He was yelling, use those legs, sister! Come on, faster! Maybe I should hire him to move here and be my personal trainer! Regardless, we did the 5 miles. It hurt so good. Left shin is still killing me. Going to Norman this week to get new shoes. 2 mile hill work tonight! Yippee!

No comments: