Sunday, March 2, 2008

Getting back to it.

So, training has taken a back seat as we have all been sick. My 4 year old and I both had the flu. No fun at all, except it was great having everyone take such good care of us! I am going to miss having dinner dropped off at the door!

This week I will resume training. I am doing Hal Higdon's Novice program.

Did I mention I am a novice? I walked my first 5k for Heroes for Children in Sept 07. (I will do this again as HFC is very near and dear to my heart-I will blog about that later.) I did it with my sis and nephews-helped push a stroller and finished in about 45 minutes. It gave me the bug of wanting to run one. The race atmosphere was now in my blood. I ran my first 5k for the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure in October 07. I loved every second of it. Lining up with some of my girlfriends and 14,000 other people on a brisk morning...iPod rockin finished in 35min 45 seconds. My next conquest was done in Kansas City with my brother-The Thanksgiving 5K in Overland Park. It was a chilling 22 degrees, but I finished 33 minutes 29 seconds with my Dad, husband and son cheering me on. I have great cheerleaders!

It's been a little cold for me as far as running outside. Not to mention ice and snow factors, but I think that is over for the most part. So, I have been running on the treadmill at the gym. I dislike running on the treadmill-it gives me shinsplints. That is another story. I overpronate. I am aware of it. I do stretches for them, and for now they are gone and I hope they don't come back!

Duty calls, I will return...

No comments: