Sunday, April 20, 2008

Ran 10k this morning!

I am so super pumped. I ran the race route this morning. 10k. 6.2 miles. Actually it was more than that as I ran on the other side of Lincoln (which took me on a big bend around the other side of the capital) so my husband could keep up with me. He drove the car along with me, staying ahead and giving me water breaks every 1.5 miles, like it will be on race day. He cheered me on, gave me cat calls, it was great. Actually, I was very glad he did it, as some of that route is pretty...how can I say politely....a bit dicey.
I wore the gear I'll wear on race day-all worked great! Loving those new shoes.

The second mile was probably the worst. Not sure why. Once I hit mile 4 I started bookin it. I really knew where I was and how far I had to go. Through my neighborhood went great and when I imagine the exchange coming up, I all out sprinted.

I can only imagine what my time will be without having to wait at crosswalks and having the ability to use my ipod. I am so pumped!!!! WEEEEEEEE!!!!

I can hardly wait to pick my next race. Yes, this one is not passed, and I am thinking to the future.

No comments: