Tuesday, November 18, 2008

WOW!


Wow! I felt really special today when I checked Terri's blog, Middle of the pack girl, to see that she nominated me for a blog award. This is what she had to say, "Now, Erin’s sidelined with an injury, so I’m guessing she’s probably wondering why she’s being nominated. The thing is, her heart is still into it, and she’s been a great inspiration to her kids. Her little boys do their “runs” in their yard, complete with “water stops” and everything! Her little boys are clearly proud of her and want to follow in her footsteps. In no time at all, I’m sure her body will recover and she’ll be out there again hitting the roads. You will, Erin, trust me."

Gosh, I am truly flattered. I have "met" some great people in blogosphere and she is one of them. I think Terri is so inspirational and I am honored she nominated me with so many other fantastic people.

Now for this nom, I need to name six things that make me happy.

1. My health. Funny I should say that considering the lame leg, right? Wrong. I AM healthy! The ankle is just making me take a little break and I will be back on the pavement very soon! I have seen family fight for their lives and believe me, I am healthy. I don't even have a right to complain about my silly leg.

2. My family. This is a huge support system for me. My husband and boys-first and foremost. They go to every race and nothing makes me happier getting to that finish line then seeing their sweet faces! I love my husband more every day and by boys...I look at them both one last time before I go to bed and say, "how lucky am I?" I love the smell of their hair, their sweet drooly breath and sometimes they wake, just for a second and smile at me.

3. Friends. Where would we all be without our friends? Chandra has been one of my biggest supporters and we actually kicked off our racing together! By the way, girl, you need to update your blog. Where am I supposed to get healthy recipes? Also, all the wonderful people I have met through blogging. I hope to someday meet some of you out there!

4. A nice bath. A quiet bath is a luxury here. A noisy shower is usually all I get but sometimes in a blue moon I am able to lock myself in the bathroom, pop in a few bath fizzles, read a book and r-e-l-a-x.

5. Cooking. I love to cook and I LOVE to eat. I really enjoy entertaining and having friends over for a nice glass of wine or a cold beer while we eat delicious food.

6. Daisies. They have always been my favorite flower. So sweet, so simple. They always make me smile.

More later! Thanks Terri!

Run on!

4 comments:

ashley said...

I've heard about the Turkey day run but I'm smoking the Thanksgiving Turkey at my house this year so probably will have to run around the neighborhood instead of going somewhere...

I hope you are recovering...

Chandra said...

->Tear<- You are the sweetest friend. I love you! I am so proud of all you have achieved, and not just with running. You have so many wonderful blessings to be thankful for, and I am honored to be your friend.

As for my blog, I do plan to update, but since I'm still eating all the CRAP this baby can muster, healthy eating will not be in the cards for a little bit longer (at least that is my biggest hope!). :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Erin, thanks so much. I don't think I'm inspirational, but I am trying to be as positive as possible on my blog as I can be. I've done the negative thing before, and one thing i found when training for my marathon, is that it got me nowhere. It really is the mental and physical elements that work together. So thank you for saying what you did in your post.

I am not sure how you ever found my blog in the first place, but I'm glad that I've "met" you in blogland. I find a lot of similarities in you as some of my good friends, and familiy members.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and you may want to check out the cookbook I posted about tonight, it has a lot of healthy recipes in it!